luni, 24 ianuarie 2011

My first workshops...

 ...on integrating Web 2.0 technologies in teaching foreign languages in Romanian higher education  started last week when we gathered in the multimedia lab at the Faculty of Chemistry. It was my first attempt at organising a workshop on web 2.0 technologies for my colleagues at the Faculty of Letters (Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj, Romania).
I designed Alpha Center Wiki to
  • introduce the concepts
  • provide information in Romanian for all specialties
  • build up a community of learners that would eventually become a community of practice
I know my colleagues are busy, as all teachers are, but I still think that there should be a way round it to start offering our students more in terms of pedagogies, resources and motivation to learn. Because it's not only about foreign languages, it's not about a leap of faith... There's plenty of proof out there that upgrading our profession is a must. Strong as it may sound, just take a brief look around...The answer is obvious.





Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu